Friday, November 7, 2014

My Journey with Bariatric Resection Surgery

  Transitions have never been easy for me.  Seems things keep changing, and I must change along with them.  I am no longer that young girl getting excited about her wedding day.  No, it seems I went from newlywed, to young mother, to empty nest-er in a flash.  Where did all of that time go?  I found myself praying Lord, what is my job now? I realized if He had a job for me to do, I was in no shape to do it.  Oh why did I not take care of myself during those fleeting years? 
   I found myself at age 51 morbidly obese, a diabetic, having sleep apnea, high blood pressure, a herniated disk, a frozen knee cap, elevated cholesterol, a cerebrovascular disease which had led to a stroke at age 42, and an ugly circulation disorder in my lower legs.  I could not walk further than the car to the nearest seat.  I could not stand in line or stand to browse and shop.  I was impressed by being able to shop online, but there is more to life than that.  My quality of life was low because I had allowed myself to sit back and let it happen.  Then my precious grandmother passed away and I could not even stand with the family at the grave side.  It was time to take action or sit there and die.  So okay transitions, bring it on.  I was ready to fight back and change my life. 
   I made an appointment in November of 2013 to attend a weight loss surgery seminar with Dr. Blaine Nease in Huntington, WV.  By January, 2014, I was ready to be begin my journey to a healthy life.  This journey has only just begun.  I have lost 111 pounds to date.  I am able to walk more and more each week.  I have stopped my diabetes medications, they are no longer needed!  I actually joined a gym.  That is big.  
   Okay, I have actually been to the gym one time, but I am going back.
   I invite you all to read along and join me on my journey to a healthy, active lifestyle.  I think there is more out there. God has a plan for my life.  I just need to be ready to do it.  I have heard that we only get one shot at life, let's make it count!


"And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace".

John 1:16(KJV)






No comments:

Post a Comment