Wednesday, November 26, 2014

There Really Seems to be a Light at the End of the Tunnel

In my first blog, I decided to share a glimpse of my life as a morbidly obese middle aged woman. It's time to update how things are looking from this writer's point of view.  
Today I started out to run Pre-Thanksgiving errands. I was wearing one of my favorite t-shirts from Carolina Beach and my daughter Sarah came to the door and said "Hey Mom, come back in here I need to show you something!" 
Once again my fashion sense was on vacation. Sarah pointed out that my t-shirt was huge on me and that I didn't look right in it. She then offered one of her tops and insisted I change clothes before our excursion. 
That flicker of shining light at the end of my tunnel never looked so welcome! Her t-shirt fit quite nicely. It seems that all of my pants are baggy and my shirts are slipping off the shoulders in an unfashionable way. My shoes, of all things, are slipping on and off as I walk. These are all great problems to have in my point of view! Happily, I can wear my wedding rings! I can wear my sapphire ring Randy bought for me last Christmas! Merry Christmas to me. I am seeing more than just a flicker of light, I can truly see a light at the end of my tunnel.  
More than the precious gift of getting my health back, I know that Jesus Christ is leading me. He is my light and He is guiding me on this weight loss journey. I realize that He does have a job for me. But, I need to keep preparing physically, spiritually, and obediently. I need to study the scriptures and pray. I need to patiently wait on the Lord.  He will guide my steps. I just need to watch and listen for His guidance and discern His Will above my own desires.  
So, today I am thankful for each pair of baggy pants and for each over-sized shirt. I am thankful beyond expression for the strength in my legs and the stamina I feel returning to my body. I am thankful for the freedom of a lighter body I am beginning to feel as the "weight of the world" begins to fall off of my shoulders. I praise my God for His goodness.  God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving! 

 Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord" (KJV)
Psalm 30:12     "To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever". (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment